Sunday, May 2, 2010

Have i done enough today? something i wrote today after hearing about a death of a friend.

I think about death every day, but I’m not depressed

Because I know this life is just a test

Have I done enough?

No I’m not ready

No time to waste, nor take things steady

Did I respect my mother like I should?

Or did I think I was too good?

To give her time and respect her ways

For how she suffered for me, back in the days

Or did I do my prayers on time?

I pray my heart will be free of grime

I wonder have I upset someone today?

Or did I wear my hijab in the wrong way?

Don’t be paranoid they all said...

You will create a problem with in your head..

But I can’t lie to myself, I can’t sleep at night

This judgment day we are all promised, has given me a fright

What am I going to do when my day has come?

And in that grave, I’m the only one?

To answer for my actions and the bad things I did.

I know now, that I can’t tell a fib

When everyone just walks away.

And in the ground, I will stay.

Or what about when, I ate today?

When I finished what did I say?

Or did I take for granted what Allah provided to me?

And be disappointed or worried for what my life might be?

Did I trust him with everything I got?

Surely hell fire must be so hot.

Do I complain about to much about my problems?

Instead of thanking Allah, for all of them.

Did I get angry or lose the plot?

For something Allah has concealed, and I know not?

Did I say Salam and smile at my sister?

And did I lower my gaze towards that Mister?

Have I visited the one who is sick?

Or has shayton given my eman a kick?

All this, runs through my mind every day.

There really is no time to play.

So for now I say Alhumdulilah.

And pray my heart will never be far.

Inshallah, sticking to my Deen.

Hoping my mind and heart will be clean.

So have I done enough for today?

Who am I to really say?

No comments:

Post a Comment